Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Last Friday I woke up with a burst blood vessel in my eye-

after a few days I...
Last Friday I woke up with a burst blood vessel in my eye- after a few days I visited a clinic and they determined it was a subconjunctival hemorrhage and that I should simply monitor it and it would go away on its own. They also checked my blood pressure (normal) and used dye to make sure there were no surface scratches in my eye.For the past 3 days I've been feeling very lightheaded throughout the day and my neck has been feeling sore. I'm having a hard time figuring out if these symptoms are related to my eye issue or something separate. I have no pain, no headaches, and was not injured.Other factors that could have contributed: slight change in sleeping and eating pattern, stress from grad school, irregular period, change in weather. These factors are regular occurrences in my life though, so it seems odd I would feel so dizzy and drained just these past couple days.
9/22/2017
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Associated fever,nausea,vomiting?

Dizziness?

Clogged ears?

Stuffy nose?

Prolonged hours of computer/mobile use?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Hello again- I think you helped me yesterday with a separate issue.I am 23.
Slight nausea and dizziness, no vomiting or fever.
Ears are not clogged.
Nose is not stuffy.
I have had long hours of computer use (4-7 hours a day), but that is fairly normal for me.
Taking 10mg Escitalopram
Thanks!

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,such lightheadedness and neck stiffness can be cervicogenic in origin due to strain on muscles of neck at cervical spine.

You should take OTC Motrin and Meclizine.

Also do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and warm compresses with a heating pad on back of neck.

Take short breaks of rest while doing computer work.

Do gentle neck stretching and strengthening exercises.

Hydrate yourself with Gatorade.

If your symptoms'll persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thank you- I wasn't sure if the neck soreness and lightheadedness were related. After getting your message, I just did a quick search of "cervicogenic lightheadedness" and the results seem to match very well to my symptoms. This page was especially useful: http://www.raynersmale.com/blog/2015/2/27/cervicogenic-dizziness-distinguishing-features I will try out some of the techniques you mentioned and see if things improve. Thank you once again!

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
I think that is it for tonight, thank you!

Try such measures.

And you feel better.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor