Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have low blood pressure 107/66 and I fainted today after

abruptly standing up when my...
I have low blood pressure 107/66 and I fainted today after abruptly standing up when my blood pressure went down to 99/60. I fell without breaking anything. I was sent to emergency where everything checked out well, except for the C-T scan. It was normal, but for signs of ischemic white matter disease. I have, as I said low blood pressure and low cholesterol. My father had high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and had several small strokes before dying of one. How dangerous is ischemic white matter disease in my case?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: I was checked up recently. I had low blood pressure since I was a child (my mother was a cardiologist). I rarely feel dizzy and have not felt so recently.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well, I had postpartum depression twenty more years ago when I also developed auto-immune symptoms that disappeared by themselves. I've been taking Paxil 40mg, and Trazodone 100 mg for sleeping, plus Ortho-cyclen ever since I felt generally fine. Like my father too, I suffer from environmental and food allergies.
9/22/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, it confirms of Ischemic white matter disease

This refers to small blood vessels in the brain that are clogging up a bit.

I would make clear that this is usually not a serious condition unless the amount of small vessel disease gets to a moderate or severe degree.

It is more common to be seen the older you get.

It may indicate a higher risk for strokes but if it is just minimal, this may not be a significant finding.

Sorry to hear about loss of your father. I understand that your father had several small strokes.

This condition is actually is a relatively common condition, especially around late middle or old age.

In most, cases cause may not be found.

In your case, such symptoms are related with low blood pressure levels. You should increase salt intake.

Take healthy and well balanced diet. Remain away from stress/ anxiety issue.

Exercise 4-5 times a week.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you. The full diagnostic was: "mild atrophy loss ischemic white matter disease present; otherwise, normal head CT."
Please call me.

As results says- Mild atrophy loss ischemic white matter disease.

So, i would not be worried at all. This would not put you at risk. It can be normal finding with age.

Please be relaxed. You should be safe.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor