Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I would like to take this supplement and to give it to my

husband. I take prevastatin lexipro...
I would like to take this supplement and to give it to my husband. I take prevastatin lexipro, and loratadine and fluticasone. Is it ok to take Megacal which is this: MegaCal™ is a wonderful source of calcium, magnesium, manganese, and vitamin C. MegaCal supports normal bone and vascular health as well as normal nerve function and contains 207 mg of calcium and 188 mg of magnesium per serving.*. It also has zinc and vitamin C and manganese. It is from Young Living. I also drink Ningxia Red juice and Mindwise and many of the essential oils. My husband is taking BusPiRone, lisinipril, risperdone , spirinolactone, divalproex, doneperzil and trazadone.
9/22/2017
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

do either of you have a history of kidney stones or ever been told that you had high blood calcium levels?

as long as you or your husband don't have either of those medical issues, then there should be no issue with the supplement. I do recommend to take supplements separate from prescription medications since sometimes the supplements can affect how the stomach absorbed the prescription medications.

Does that answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD