Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I just came from the emergency room 2 days ago and am

hello I just came from...
hello I just came from the emergency room 2 days ago and am feeling worse but it is a different situation than what i went in for.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no, I was told to follow up with my pcp but she isn't available until Octiber
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take asthma medication, I'm currently passing a kidney stone, I have a cyst on my ovary and am presently experiencing sharp stiff pain at the back of my neck and upper back, also I have heart palpitations and chest pain. my joints also hurt intermittently but in particular I have the sensation that something is leaking down my leg and surrounding my knee. There is pain down the back of my knee and it is stiff and hurt is i run on it
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: *if i ru never felt like this before. I have asthma that's it. my breathing is more shallow than normal
9/22/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

Hi doctor, thank you
I'm 37 female
I can't talk right this moment, perhaps in a few minutes
over the phone i mean, here is fine

what did the ER test you for?

I don't know what any of this is but I'll write the headings and list the abnormal notes.
UA w/Rflx Micro (Abnormal) -
Trace Ketones,
Large Blood
Small Leuk Est
White Blood Cells 4 (h)
Red Blood Cells 10 (h)
Squamous epithileal cells >36 (h)Protime-INRComprehensive Metabolic Panel (Abnormal)
Glucose, Serum 105 (h) (I wasn't fasted though)CBC and differential (abnormal)
MCHC 35.4 (h)Automated differentialBlood Gas Venius W/Lytes (abnormal)
PO2V 28 (L)
O2 Saturation 49 (L)They also did a CT scan and found a 4 mm kidney stone and a cyst on my ovary. The dr didn't want to tell me if it was intact or not, she told me to follow up with my obgyn and soon bcause I'd be surprised that I may have something worse than what they found at the ER. The soonest appt I could get with any gyno is Oct 6th and my PCP is only on Oct 2nd. In the meantime the leaking sensation, knee pain, heart palpitations and chest/upper back/neck pain are really distracting. I don't want sepsis or anything.
I don't know if I should go to the er or see an urgent care doc... I just don't feel right at all

It looks like a kidney stone for sure

could the rest be anxiety?

Anxiety causes leaking sensations and knee pain? I haven't heard of that...

sure it can

when I went to the ER, my only complain was abdominal pain. all these sensations are new now and while i can understand headaches and such I don't understand why it would affect my leg and knee also. is there something other than anxiety that I should look at? Is it possible I have sepsis?
theyy recommended i get a cervical cancer screening and tetanus shot - again, not possible with my primaries until october. should i be worried?
let's say I do have anxiety, what is the solution to that? magnesium? can I take that with a kidney stone?

You don't have sepsis

that would show up in the blood

ok well thanks for your appraisal

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor