Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm getting ready for a colonoscopy and I got the first hour…

I'm getting ready for...

I'm getting ready for a colonoscopy and I got the first hour of drinking the drink and now I can't keep the rest down. What should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No Dr blood pressure meds, trazodone tramadal and Zyrtec

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Blood pressure meds and Zyrtec and melexacam trazodone and tramadal no allergies except for amplodaphine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a blood clot in my lung last year other than that no

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What prep are you using and how much of it did you actually get down?

Nylutly about 24 oz
No

And are you trying now to sip it in a continuous manner rather than gulping it?

I'm just about to start again this time sipping

OK

Just go slowly with it over the next few hours

You should be able to get it all down and be ready for the colonoscopy

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks I am taking it slow

You should be fine with that