Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For over a year I have been experiencing burning, itching…

Customer Question
For over a year...

For over a year I have been experiencing burning, itching and crawling like sensation in my anus... it's getting so bad it's affecting my daily life... I have never seen any worms in my stool or otherwise... please help, I have no insurance

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Over a year Started getting them when I was pregnant I told my doctors but they just bypassed it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having burning, itching and crawling like sensation in your anus suggests the possibility of a condition called hemorrhoids.

Other possible causes can be irritating chemicals in the foods we eat such as spicy,acidic food,irritation of frequent liquid stools, diarrhea.Other causes are: yeast infection,diabetes mellitus,crohn's disease,irritable bowel syndrome(IBS),anal fissures.

Hemorrhoids is the most probable & most common cause of this.

Following is recommended for you now:

• Please apply cream called preparation H. You can get it at your pharmacy without prescription.
  • You need to increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.
  • Have sitz bath that is soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.Apply ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve burning sensation.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms of burning, itching and crawling like sensation in anus persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how are your symptoms of burning/itching in anus?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh