Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can a nurse who gets knee replacement expect to be able to…

Customer Question
Can a nurse who...

Can a nurse who gets knee replacement expect to be able to return to work and be able to stand 8 to 12 hours daily.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I have alreadly been told I need a total knee replacement I have no cartalige in the knee since I was 14 now 60. I have had every injection available including the rooster comb. It is cruchy and I can hear it as well as being painful. Can no longer use it to climb steps.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Yes, after the surgery and physical therapy/rehab for three months you should be able to return to work and stand and walk for 8 to 12 hours daily

The freedom of mobility after the replacement can be remarkable

Please let me know if you need any more information