Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had my gallbladder removed about 6yrs ago, but recently…

Customer Question
I had my gallbladder...

I had my gallbladder removed about 6yrs ago, but recently started having pains as I did prior to surgery. Can it possible I can another stone?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I've had it a month. It's worse in the morning.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm otherwise healthy. Today was odd because the pain was so intense. It reminded me if when I went to ER on Monday & had the surgery that Tuesday.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please tell me more about the symptoms?

My chest, back and sides got really tight. I was burping a lot and it felt like I needed to vomit. This lasted for about 30mins. I was totally fine after that.

Before years ago have you ever had this happen lately?

Not as bad as today. Maybe mildly within a couple of months. Today was intense.

And was the pain in your upper right abdominal quadrant?

as well.

OK

I doubt it's from a retained stone in your common duct but that's a possibility here

More likely this is either irritable bowel syndrome or possibly an H pylori bacterial stomach infection that would need antibiotics to treat

I suggest you see your doctor for an exam, blood work, an H pylori screen and a ct scan with contrast of your abdomen

Please let me know if you need any more information