Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can having a warmer than normal foot be related to nerve…

Customer Question
Can having a warmer...

Can having a warmer than normal foot be related to nerve damage. I have celiac, hypothyroid diagnosis. But have a problem with levothyroxine. sp? My blood pressure drops low, and problems with headache and trouble concentrating. I am to see a endocrinologist, but was concerned now.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Episodic and nausea is common especially early on the day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a history of elevated testosterone at 21, and problems becoming pregnant, I had severe acne break out at 19 years, and have always had way to much hair growth, sideburns, chest and down abdomen.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Were you anytime diagnosed as polycystic ovarian syndrome?

no, nothing was confirmed, I wondered about non classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Dr Maria New published in July 2009 NY times about this. It seemed likely.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

I was concerned about the warm foot, should I be? Thanks anyway. I don't have a big budget right now. I am retired military and I will have to wait for my appointment.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

ok, thanks

Warm feet can be related to hormonal issues. All of your other symptoms like concentration trouble, headache etc can be due to hormonal issues. The hormonal problem can be secondary to autoimmune mechanism.

The first step would be to get the following investigations, if not done;

1) androgen,

2) luteinizing hormone (LH), and

3) insulin

4) Ultrasound of ovaries.

If these are abnormal and you have overweight issues; you would require following treatment:

1) Weight reduction. Loss of abdominal fat seems to be crucial to restore ovulation. If it is morbid obesity, Bariatric surgery may be advised. Otherwise dietary counseling and exercise would help in short and long term.
2) FSH stimulation with clomiphene HMG or pulsatile LHRH.
3) Reduction of ovarian androgen secretion by using oral contraceptives or LH-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogs.
4) Urofollitropin (pure FSH) administration.
5) Reduction of ovarian androgen secretion by laparoscopic ovarian wedge resection. Laparoscopic ovarian surgery (laparoscopic ovarian drilling) is a useful alternative that does not trigger ovary stimulation.
6) Metformin improves ovulation, insulin sensitivity.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

one warm foot, one normal cooler or cold foot. I excercise 2 x , now 3 x per week. Liftingweights and cardio rowing and and eliptic.I never know how I am going to feel in the morning. Sometimes okay, sometimes headaches, ears ringing. I don't drink. I get the hangover for free.I break out in sweats just sitting still. I watched my mom suffer her last 20 years with a chronic cough.All related to sinus? Well she was diagnosed toolate and died of Bronchiectasis complications. Sometimes its not just fat.

As I mentioned, diseases are highly overlapping. Hormonal issues and autoimmune phenomenon are overlapping. So nerves, chemicals (hormones) and body proteins (immunoglobulins) have overlapping functions and affections.

One warm foot can be due to autonomic dysfunction and a skin biopsy can diagnose it. This is termed autonomic neuropathy.

These autonomic dysfunctions can cause hormonal issues and may have been triggered by the celiac disease. Everything is likely to be connected. And these affect our psychology which modifies the recovery or treatment.

It is privilege assisting you.

Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl