Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My stomach and lower abdominal area is very tensed I had…

Customer Question
My stomach and lower...

My stomach and lower abdominal area is very tensed I had dihorea for 4 days and still have loose bowls currently for the past 3 days following on from that. I have constant cramps and pain still occurring which has lasted 6 days.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Started 8 days ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No vomiting just dihorea and cramps I have had heartburn and acid issues for 3 years and have been taking omeprozole daily

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?

It seems that you are offline, so I am writing you the initial answer.

Your symptoms are suggestive of intestinal infection. You may need a course of antibiotics like Metrogyl. The initial management is as following;

1) PeptoBismol

2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea is vigorous.

3) Gatorade / Pedialyte

4) Plenty of fluids

5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

6) Probiotics

The primary aim is prevention of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If the diarrhea loss of fluids is too much or you are unable to drink enough liquids; you may need antibiotics and / or intravenous fluids

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl