Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Last night started having elevated sugar, blood pressure,

Last night started having...

Last night started having elevated sugar, blood pressure, heart rate and started running low grade fever. Now, during the night, I had a period of severe stomach pain in upper center of abdomen. finally eased off after I made myself through up and it still hurts some. I'm not constipated.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Health lately has been good. have heart problems in fathers side

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have diabetes type 2. I don't have a fever anymore and levels have gone down. Just have this stomach pain.

9/21/2017
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Associated nausea,heartburn?

Bloating and flatulence?

Is pain continuous or intermittent?

Are you taking any medications?

Diarrhea?

Tenderness in upper right side of abdomen?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Alcohol and smoking intake?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

age 64
no heartburn, some nausea
no bloating
pain intermittent
lots of medications, prozac, metformin, atvorstain, lisinopril, piog. for sugar, levo for thyroid, etc.
no diarhea
no tenderness in upper right side
no burning during urination
no alcohol or smoking
no phone calls
pain has subsided, just blah feeling down there. slight cramping

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possibly it's stomach infection.

And you should take OTC Zantac or liquid Emetrol.

Also take OTC Aleve and Mylanta gas.

You should start metamucil and probiotic.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Eat a bland diet.

You should monitor your blood pressure also.

If pain'll get worse or persistent then see your doctor and undergo ultrasound whole abdomen for further evaluation and management.

Take proper rest.

Avoid fat rich,spicy,fried,greasy,very hot foods.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

I do take prilosec every evening for ongoing acid reflux. I took it last night. I also take a probiotic every day. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to go to the er.

No,as your pain is subsiding and your fever has gone down so you can wait and there is no need to visit emergency room.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
okay. thanks. back to bed to hopefully sleep some.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil