Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a sharp pain on my right chest I am playing a lot of…

I have a sharp...

I have a sharp pain on my right chest I am playing a lot of tennis is that related

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

No my shoulder and my back hurts and my elbow due to tennis I think

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Also I have a sharp pain in my stomach is that nerves

9/21/2017
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Nausea,vomiting?

Shortness of breath?

Heartburn,bloating?

Is pain continuous or intermittent?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Smoking and alcohol intake?

Cough,fever?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

I am 60 years old woman I don't have shortness of breath I have heartburn. Pain is when i turn to the right or when I lift my arm it just hurts about two days when I have been very stress trying to get ready for a tennis tournament. No medical history no I am not taking medicine just advil
No alcohol and no smoking
I received a massage four days ago and my back hurts. I had a headache but since the massage it intensify
In reality all my right side hurts so I want to know what I can do to get rid of the pain
Can I have your answer

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,your symptoms are suggestive of Myofascial trigger points,Muscle strain.

And your heartburn can be associated with Advil.
So you should firstly take OTC Prilosec empty stomach and Zantac 150 mg after meals at bed time.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment on affected area twice a day.

Also do cool compresses on affected area.

Hydrate yourself with Gatorade.

And take OTC Advil and Tylenol alternately every 4-6 hourly.

Take rest.

And if your pain is getting worse over the time then see your doctor or Orthopedist for a clinical examination and prescribed strong pain killers.

In case of shortness of breath,heaviness in chest then visit emergency room.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Sure I take one more advil to help me with the pain

200 to 400 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours as needed

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor