Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell this past Sat night and skinned my left forearm. The…

Customer Question
I fell this past...

I fell this past Sat night and skinned my left forearm. The skin was pushed back about a quarter inch. It's still bleeding. Shouldn't it be healing more by now? (I'm 77 yrs old and on chemo pills [iBrance]) Thanks!

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I'm allergic to most pain meds. I take Advair daily as well as Ranitidine 2x per day (total 300 mg)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Breast cancer spread to my bones and is now in my liver. But the iBrance seems to be slowing it down. I also have GERD and IBS.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is it possible for you to paste a picture?

You may do it as following;
1. Click the paperclip icon
2. Click the Browse icon
3. Click the Browse button
4. Select your file and click Open
5. Click OK
6. Click Insert
7. Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

http://screencast.com/t/eHsvtij7WT

No, I don't have a camera and I don't have a smart phone.

Chemo pills decrease the healing and this is the most likely reason of persisting bleeding or oozing. Also there may be some mild grade infection which can contribute in delay in healing.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor