Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a bed ridden patient. I am in extreme pain with my

Customer Question
I am a bed...

I am a bed ridden patient. I am in extreme pain with my side. I went to emergency, where they made an ex-ray of the area. I was told I had pleurisy in the membranes of the area outside of the lung and against the inner rib cage. They also stated it was caused by her arthiitus

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I am a bed ridden patient. I am in extreme pain with my side. On September 12,2017, I went to emergency. They ex-rayed the area and was told my lungs were clear, but there was pleurisy in the membranes against the ribcage caused from arthritis and fibromyalgia. I am getting no relief from the meds I was given oxycod/apaptab10-325mg and cyclobenzapr10mg. Please help! Thank you!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been bed ridden for several years due to mishandled hip surgery. I no longer have hip because he did three surgeries in a months time as he put in the wrong hips in, causing four years of in life threating infections that caused kidneys shutting down, four surgeries for infection, surgery for both arms due to compartment syndrome, skin graphs, being septic many times, constant pain, and too many emergency room trips to count. I am now been free of the infection for a year. I also have high blood pressure.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your pleurisy should be investigated for tubercular infection.

Mantoux test, sedimentation rate, tubercular culture should be done for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is there anything I can do at home to ease the pain until the tests can be done?

Pain medicines are prescription medicines. You may try these measures;

The helpful herbs for pain are;

1) Willow bark
2)
Devil's Claw
3)
Feverfew
4)
St. John's wort
5) Valerian
6)
Boswellia
7)
Curcumin
8) Ginger extract

Supplements and alternative integrative therapy protocols for pain relief are;

1) Evening primrose oil

2) Acetyl-l-carnitine

3) Alpha-lipoic acid

4) Benfotiamine (Milgamma), 100 mg, is a lipid-soluble vitamin B1 analogue

5) Vitamin E

6) Acupuncture

7) Yoga

8) Prolotherapy

Commonly used medications are;

1) amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep),

2) nortriptyline (Aventyl, Pamelor)

3) desipramine (Norpramin)

4) pregabalin (Lyrica)

5) phenytoin (Dilantin)

6) carbamazepine (Tegretol)

7) venlafaxine (Effexor)

8) duloxetine (Cymbalta)

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl