Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a very complicated parotid gland problem. Who can I…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very complicated parotid gland problem. Who can I see for my problem.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I was in the ICU at Lourdes Hospital 2 days I was admitted and discharged 3 times. Now months later I believe my gland broke apart and went down my neck

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

I feel for it and I can't seem to find it which confirms it for me.Ive been to Dr Lerrick E

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes numb and tingling. My ear is out of joint. I daw Dr Lerrick. He said it was scar tissue. He refused to examine me like I was waiting his time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

The specialist you would see would be an otolaryngologist.

This is also called an ear nose and throat specialist.

They are also surgeons.

Parotid glands would be under their specialty.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Please also click a 5 on the rating scale. This gives me maximal credit with just answer, costs you nothing, but sees that I am credited and paid. I will be here for any follow up question. Thanks.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician