Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Thyroid globulin antibodies of 845. what does that mean,

thyroid globulin antibodies of...

thyroid globulin antibodies of 845. what does that mean

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Levotyroxine 88 mcg. Am seeing dr. tomorrow. The dermatologist is the one who ran this test. My T3 and T4 were in range as well as the TS H

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't know of anyone in my family that has had a thyroid issue

9/20/2017
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

This is typical in people with thyroid disease.

It is not a specific test but can also indicate thyroid cancer.

If you don't have a thyroid tumor, that will not be the case.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

No tumor. so do you think an increase in Levothyroxine will help with this

No. It is an autoimmune reaction because you have thyroid disease.

If your TSH is above one, however, you are relatively hypothryoid.

A tsh of .8 to 1 is optimal.

In such as case, an increase of medicine will help.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician