Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 60 years old and weigh 184 lbs. I took adipex 37.5 10…

Customer Question
I am 60 years old...
I am 60 years old and weigh 184 lbs. I took adipex 37.5 10 years ago and had great success with it. I would like to try it again, but I now live on a large ranch miles from town. Can this be subscribed, and mailed to me? I am in overall good health according to a check up last year, did have high tryglicerids though.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

It is quite an effective medication.

Glad it worked for you.

Yes, it can be prescribed online and then mailed to you.

To have this done you would need to go through a telemedicine company such as doctors on demand or American Well. First inquire to see if they will prescribe it because it's considered a "lifestyle medication".

You can tell them that it's important for your weight control to prevent diabetes or heart attack and that it was advised by your doctor. That often will urge them to prescribe it for you.