Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I started using the Kegel but when I take them out there is

Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I started using the Kegel balls but when I take them out there is some blood
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I have a flu at the moment and I had an urinary infection 2 weeks ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually if you are seeing blood when you remove the kegel balls that means that you could be damaging the lining of your vagina, secondly the recent urinry tract infection that you had would have made the lining of the vagina more friable and easy to damage. Whenever a region of the body is inflamed it can easily bleed in response to minor trauma. So it is possible that the blood that you are seeing on the balls is due to the inflamed lining because of the recent urinary tract infection. It is also possible that you have developed a minor infection inside the vagina itself which can be causing the bleeding. This can occur after a urinary tract infection and especially when foriegn objects are being inserted into the region.

The first thing to do would be to STOP using the kegel balls for now, give the lining enough time to heal. Avoid use for the next two weeks at the very least. Next have a pelvic examination done which will determine if there is any trauma in the region and it will also help rule out an infection as well. If it is an infection then antibiotics can be used to solve the problem and if there is no infection, then the cause is likely to be due to the balls themselves, in that situation avoid the balls for now, allow the region to heal and then when you start again after a couple of weeks a smaller size may be selected.

But for now if you see blood on the balls when you take them out, stop using them and get the area evaluated IF the bleeding persists even after you have stopped using the balls for 2-3 days or if you develop pain or any sort of discharge from the area.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/