Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having period type cramps right now. The pain is in the…

Customer Question
I am having period...

I am having period type cramps right now. The pain is in the middle of my lower abdomen around the area of my c section scar just to give you an idea of where the cramping is. I am on day 13 of my menstrual cycle and not on any birth control. What could this be? Do I need to make an appointment to see my gp?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No....

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Dont think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Bloating,flatulence?

Constipation?

Any vaginal discharge?

Fever?

Diarrhea?

Nausea,vomiting?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Pressure in bladder?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

i am 22
no buring during urination
i dont feel bloated
not consipated
vaginal discharge is thin and creamy
no nausea, vomitting or diarrhea.
its a constant cramp type of feeling for about an hour.
no bladder pressure and not on any medications
my partner and I are trying to another baby. (already have 1 born via c section 2 years ago)

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes of such intense persistent pain may include Cystitis,Ureteric colic,Intestinal spasms, endometriosis,Pelvic inflammatory disease,Vaginitis.

So you should take OTC Motrin and Zantac.

Also take OTC Mylanta gas.

You should hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

You should apply warm compresses with a heating pad on affected area.

If your symptoms'll persist or get worse over the time then visit emergency room for antispasmodic injections.

Ultrasound,urinalysis,pelvic examination should be done promptly.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.
Hope this helps.