Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some cough syrup for my husband that says give 5 ml,

Customer Question
I have some cough...

I have some cough syrup for my husband that says give 5 ml, can you tell me how much that is?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

He has had the cough for about two days? Congested chest, coughing up.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He does have other issues. Had open heart surgery, kidney problems. He is 91 years old.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Which cough syrup do you have?

Phlegm at back of throat?

Stuffy nose?

Sore throat?

Fever?

Smoking and alcohol intake?

Since how long has he been suffering from?

Shortness of breath?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

5 ml to 1 teaspoon.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.
Hope this helps.