Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having minor conjestion with stuffy ears and a…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having minor conjestion with stuffy ears and a headache sometimes - maybe a small cough here and there and then last night I had loose stools - could this all be connected?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Not really nausea - I can eat, but my appetite is different - which the loose stools I had nausea, but that went away. The headache is mild and goes with the congestion

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have anxiety

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

All of these are likely to be connected. A viral infection can cause all these symptoms including, congestion, stuffy ears, loose bowel motions and off and on cough. Following measures are likely to help you;

1) Probiotics

2) Vitamin C

3) Decongestant

4) Plenty of fluids

5) Rest

6) Motrin.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

What do probiotics really do? Would fatigue also be common with a virus such as this?

Probiotics;

1) Help in the restoring of the,normal intestinal bacterial flora, so loose motions would resolve,

2) Increase the body immunity.

Fatigue is very common with this kind of virus infection.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/