Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've let myself run out of lisisopril 20 Mg...Problem? just…

Customer Question
I've let myself run...

I've let myself run out of lisisopril 20 Mg...Problem?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Just lisonopril and ambien...i'm not interested innstroking out any time soon.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really, they are my mainstays

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
low grade tyde 2 diabetes...taking metformin
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
It's been a while...I'd like a refund. youer way too slow'
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 9 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have let yourself run out of lisinopril 20 mg. I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First of all please see as long as if you could restart taking Lisinopril soon then it should be fine

If you miss one or just few doses it is not expected to cause strokes, however blood pressure medications are not supposed to be missed like this. But it is not always under our control, there may be circumstances beyond our control and we may run out of meds sometimes like this, and in these circumstances the following precautions can be taken to control the blood pressure and also to prevent complications like stroke etc from occuring;

A) First of all try to take rest, the more physical activities the more the blood pressure may rise, by minimizing the physical activities we can try to keep the blood pressure down

For example try to avoid any strenuous physical activities such as excessive walking, jogging etc, and all these activities may raise the blood pressure

B) Also try to relax as much as possible, the more we relax the more the blood pressure remains normal or near normal

C) I see you take ambien too, try to use it, which also can help in relaxing & keeping the blood pressure down

D) Try to take adequate water/fluids but try to avoid taking salt containing preparations because salt can raise the blood pressure

E) And as soon as you get a chance please try to refill Lisinopril, and start taking it.

F) And until you get the Lisinopril refilled try to check your blood pressure frequently, and this will tell us how high is the blood pressure whether any need to visit the er or urgent care etc to quickly bring the blood pressure under control

G) And if you want to restart Lisinopril right away now but unable to contact your dr to get the prescription or refill - then if it is feasible with you - you may try to visit the nearest er or urgent care and they can help you in giving you a temporary prescription, sufficient for few days – until you can get a regular prescription refill from your dr.

Once again I reassure you, please see missing blood pressure medication does not automatically mean it will result in some complications including development of stroke etc. Although it is important to avoid this from happening but it is easier said than done and many patients do run out of their medications sometimes, and this is not always under our control, so please not to panic now, if you panic then the blood pressure will rise further, please try the above mentioned measures and precautions and this can help in keeping the blood pressure under control as much as possible, and also help in preventing the risk of development of stroke etc, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

The following are few additional measures that can help in keeping the blood pressure under control;

Yogas

Meditation

Relaxation techniques

Breathing exercises etc

The following over the counter nutritional supplements can also help in keeping blood pressure under control;

Garlic

Fish oil OR Omega 3 Fatty acids

Herb hawthorn

Coenzyme Q 10 (CoQ 10) etc

One more home remedy to try to keep blood pressure under control is using supplements of Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium minerals, if there are no contraindications to use these mineral supplements then you may consider trying them.

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

Hi, I am concerned about your health and how you are doing now. How is your blood pressure? Do you have a blood pressure measuring device with you at home, if not - have you had a chance to get it measured at other places like a clinic or er or urgent care or at a nearby mall etc? If the blood pressure was checked was it fine?

I hope you are doing fine and also hope your blood pressure is under control.

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss your health concerns further? Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD