Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if i had a deviated septum or not, theres no…

Customer Question
I was wondering if...

I was wondering if i had a deviated septum or not

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Theres no symptoms my nostrils just look uneven

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

No breathing problems but my nose looks straight in the mirror but crooked and deviated in pictures

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

A deviated nasal septum has two parts;

1) Bony part deviation

2) Soft part deviation

3) Both involved.

An x-ray and an MRI would best assess it.

You may need a cosmetic surgeon / plastic surgeon for repair.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

what if it looks normal and straight in the mirror?

A cosmetic surgeon can assess the reason that same thing which looks normal in mirror is coming crooked in in pictures and may also suggest if the surgery can be curative.

Also a photographer can tell you that some particular angle can be the best for nose to look normal in the pictures as light and shadows play an enormous role.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl