Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am trying to pass kidney stones. Can take milk of

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to pass kidney stones . Can take milk of magnesia? The pain meds have me constipated.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Parastatin.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not allergic

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

If your kidney functions are normal; you can take milk of magnesia. It won't increase the number or size of kidney stones. But it should be avoided repeatedly. For constipation, you may take Duphalac too. Also suppository or home use enema can be helpful in passing bowel motion.

Following would be helpful;

1) Vegetables,

2) Fruits (especially dried fruits)

3) Cereals like whole wheat, bran or oatmeal

4) Celery

5) Grainy breads, such as whole wheat, rye or pumpernickel

6) Legumes, such as chickpeas, baked beans and lima beans

7) Dried plums (prunes), and prune juice

You can try ground flaxseed sprinkled on salads, cooked vegetables, and cereals.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl