Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

In just the last few days, my feet and legs feel cold to me…

Customer Question
In just the...

In just the last few days, my feet and legs feel cold to me all the time. But when I touch them with my hands, they are warm. Could this be related to a problem I've had just recently with high blood pressure?

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes, but the reason it was so high (enough to send me to the ER) was that I had forgotten to get a refill of Norvasc from Sept. 6 to Sept. 16. Foolish, I know, but I've been depressed lately and am not behaving very responsibly. I'm 81 and lost my husband 6 months ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had two knee replacements a year ago, and they still don't work quite right, but nothing else I can think of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Have you monitored your blood pressure recently?

Do you have lower back pain?

Numbness,tingling sensation,pain,swelling on legs?

Any redness,bluish discoloration on legs?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

i've taken it several times today and it has come down to normal.
No. No. No.
Yes I'm taking Lisinopril, hydrochlorathiazide, and Norvasc for BP, and Zoloft. Just today started Cymbalta, and have come of MS-Contin about 2 weeks ago, with the aid of Clonidine.
No, I'm not paying $50 when I can go to my PCP for a $10 co-pay. Thanks anyway.
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are depressed and have these symptoms.

you may benefit from medication treatment for your depression.

have you taken anti-depression medications before?

low vitamin D levels could cause some depression.

I am sorry about the loss of your husband. you may benefit from seeing a psychotherapist or a bereavement counselor