Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Hiccoughs! can we talk on telephone? No

Customer Question
Can we talk on...

Can we talk on telephone?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am sorry, I cannot phone you but I am writing you the answer.

You can take Peptobismol and Prilosec, which are over the counter. If hiccups continue,

following can be tried at home;

1) Stimulation of the throat by a small tube or catheter

2) Stimulation of the uvula by a spoon

3) Valsalva

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsalva_maneuver

4) Tapping or rubbing back of the neck

5) Forcible traction on the tongue,

6) Swallowing granulated sugar,

7) Gargling with water,

8) Sipping ice water,

9) Biting on a lemon

Please read the resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hiccups/DS00975/DSECTION=lifestyle-and-home-remedies

If these measures are not helpful, it would be prudent to go to an urgent care clinic (walk in clinic) or ER.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor