Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Encepalitis in baby boy in Indonesia has contacted I request…

Customer Question
Encepalitis in young baby...

Encepalitis in young baby boy in Indonesia has contacted I request advice to assist in the cure

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Systems leg started swelling then brock out in a rash of small blisters leg now body and facial started

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

There is a swelling on one leg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The baby was sick with a supposed milk supply?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

I am sorry that no expert has yet responded, but it is likely there is no simple cure for many types of encephalitis.

Encephalitis is usually viral and the only viruses that cause encephalitis that can be directly treated are the herpes viruses that can be treated with acyclovir. Other viral encephalitis is not able to be treated with medicines that will afford a cure. In most cases, the treatment is supportive care and management of complications.

However, supportive care and management of complications can potentially include many different aspects of care, because the care would need to be adjusted according to how the encephalitis is affecting that patient. It would be difficult to provide that level of information over the internet because it would be difficult for you to communicate how the encephalitis is affecting the patient.

So, a treatment for a cure is only an option for herpetic encephalitis, and the treatment would be acyclovir. Otherwise, treatment is supportive care and management of complications, which can be many different treatments.