Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a sudden episode of severe confusion today. That

I had a sudden...

I had a sudden episode of severe confusion today. That lasted about a hour. I could not even look at a calender and tell u what the date was. And I had no sense of time. I have been under alot of stress lately. Should I worry

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No dr. Prilosec and iron and potassium

Also. I had trouble during that time just rememebering things that happened yesterday
9/20/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Did you had chest pain?

Did you have shortness of breath?

Numbness in left arm?

Are you on any medications?

Age and gender?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I am 39. And female. No chest paim or shortness of breath. I take prilosec and iron and potassium pills. No numbness in left arm

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

In medical terms it is called as Syncope. It occur when brain doesn't gets enough blood flow and you lose consciousness.
Usually a slow heart rate causes a drop in blood pressure, this reduces the blood flow to the brain. It should not be ignored and have to be urgently evaluated by doctor in ER.

Possible causes are-

-Emotional distress,
-Heart disease (decreased blood flow to the heart or irregular heart rhythm),
-Low blood sugar,
-Seizures,
-Panic attacks,
-Blood pressure imbalance.

A clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.

You need to undergo these tests- EKG, Blood pressure monitoring, Blood sugar test, Cardiac examination, Exercise stress test.

It is also possible, that you may have a anxiety/ panic attack.
I advise that you should get immediate evaluation by your doctor at the earliest.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor