Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Left leg is stiff, muscle tight, not swollen now but hard to…

Left leg is stiff...

Left leg is stiff, muscle tight, not swollen now but hard to walk on ... Tony

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

It was swollen but not now

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This is most likely muscular spasm causing the leg tight and stiff. This can be due to an unnoticed trauma, exposure to cold or sudden movement. I would recommend you to take tablet ibuprofen, apply ibuprofen gel over that area and wrap in crepe bandage. Massage gently with warm olive oil and apply hot compresses as well. It should get better in a day.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

I was lying around in bed for days, due to chronic gut pain. Does this affect this?

Yes it can be the cause, specially electrolyte imbalance due to gut problems. If there is any redness or swelling do get it examined to rule out any blood clot.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor