Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having constant chest pains for 2 years now, I…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having constant chest pains for 2 years now, I know im not having a heart attack I have many tests including angiogram. I do have a transient left bundle branch block, one cardiologist told me this cant cause chest pains? However when I had a 24 hour ecg taken it showed LBBB when I had pains?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

Yes and yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/19/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Chet pain can be caused by LBBB and such type of pain in absence of ischemia is called painful LBBB syndrome and it can be present in setting of coronary artery disease. I would recommend you to followup with your doctor for further evaluation to rule out coronary artery disease and blockage. Moreover get an examination and consultation from a gastroentrologist to rule out any stomach issue as chest pain can be due to stomach related problems irrelevant to LBBB.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Thankyou the stomach has been ruled oit for the most part I do have a small hiatus hernia, the problem has been controlling the pain I take codine 3 times a day and can have oramorph in between but there are days when the pain cannot be controlled, I have attempted suicide severall times as a result

Sorry to know about your problem.

I would recommend you to see a pain physician and get a thorough examination and discuss about getting a nerve block which makes the painful nerve numb by an injection. This might be of great help for you.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.