Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My Son recently had a colonoscopy - he will be 50 in

Customer Question
My Son recently had...

My Son recently had a colonoscopy - he will be 50 in January. He was told he needed this because of the stomache issues he was having. About a week later he was having numbness on one side and also down his leg and foot. Was Checked out at Delnor Hospital and they found nothing. Any clue what this might be - or what they should be looking for???? Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

NO

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has had blood clots in his lungs about 12 - 14 years ago. Give himself shots and no longer has this problem .

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/19/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Did he have an MRI of the lower spine?

NO
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago

This is not an uncommon occurence.

While have a procedure, a disc problem which has been chronically developing for some time can get worse, lying down, odd position, under anesthetic.

He most likely has a slipped disc in the lower spine.

He needs a structural exam [orthopedist or physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist] and an MRI of the lower spine.

The treatment is most often physical therapy.

OK< let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating [5 is tops which is what I strive for] on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.