Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What does it mean when you have a bad smell coming from your…

Customer Question
What does it mean when...
What does it mean when you have a bad smell coming from your nose
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/19/2017
Doctor: Eric Goldstein, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Eric Goldstein

Hello. My name is***** and I just red through your question.

Often it could mean the beginning of infection, most commonly in the sinuses.

Could you tell me the best way to get rid of it. I been going through this a long time but the doctors never know what's the problem

It would depend on what you've tried already. My first line treatment is to use a nose spray, like flonase.

I use that

Great. Next I would consider trying an antibiotic

What kind of antibiotic

For sinuses I typically start with Zithromax. It doesn't work for everyone, but it is the most effective antibiotic I've used for this.

Could you tell me about Zithromax

It is in the class of antibiots called macrolides and is typically used for bacterial upper respiratory illnesses. It is taken once per day for 5 days, so that also makes it one of the easier antibiotics to take.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

Good luck

Thanks

Please do not forget to leave a rating.

Thank you.

Is Azithromycin the same as the other medicine you was talking about
Doctor: Eric Goldstein, Doctor replied 10 months ago
It's the same thing