Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been monitoring my blood pressure for the last two

Hi , I have been...
Hi , I have been monitoring my blood pressure for the last two weeks I noticed was high I made an appointment with my doctor to go see him he prescribed me medicine water pills and potasium supplement, blood pressure was 140-150 over 90-99 , after taking the medications for two days on the second day I noticed pain in my right kidney, i drunk couple bottles of water and pain went away , i didnt take potasium supplememt that day and my heart beat was close to 100 at rest, where it is ussually 60 to 70. Should i stop using that medication for now until i see dr again , i dont feel comfortable using the medications, what do you suggest?
9/19/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

For how long have you taken these medications?

Age and gender?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Burning urination?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Medication were used for two days, i take atorvastatin 10mg,48 years old male, no burning urination, the water pill medication is hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, no anxiety or stress.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details and sharing clear pictures

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic , it is called as water pill and may cause some unwanted effects like pain in abdomen.

You should stop taking Hydrochlorothiazide right away, and see your doctor at the earliest.

Yes, you should stop it right away.

The normal pulse for healthy person ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute at rest.

In your case, such fluctulation in pulse rate can be due to- Stress.

Even the weather, like high temperatures or humidity, can raise it.

Having Imbalance of electrolytes, mineral in body can also raise pulse rate, it can come from water pill.

Please see your doctor right away and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

My next dr appointment is 2 weeks away, meantime blood pressure goes up to 140-145 / 90-99, do u think i should seek ER or that can wait, morning time blood pressure normal , night time 130/85 somewhat normal , noticed heart beat below 55 in the morning above 50, do you thing reading i provided are worrisome

Well, to be honest, such blood pressure reading are not high enough to rush to ER.

You can safely wait till 1-2 weeks. No issues with it.

Keep yourself relaxed. Remain away from stress/ anxiety issue.

Take healthy and well balanced diet. Take plenty of water.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor