Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter lives in Melbourne Astralia, she went to the…

Customer Question
My daughter lives in...

My daughter lives in Melbourne Astralia, she went to the doctor yesterday she has pus on her tonsils, so he gave her some penicillian. She has a red rash on her face today and moving down her neck, she is hot and has a temperature and feels a bit nauseous, wprried it m,ight be mincoccal menigitis

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

24 hours

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Sweating, joint pain, the rash looks like little blisters, she can look at bright lights im sorry to go blank i live on a farm and im trying to speak to her at the same time and the internet connection is not good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/19/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

How high is her fever?
Has seen ever had any medication allergies?
Does she have a headache?

no allegies
mild headache
she has had shingles, a few years ago

the rash may be due to an allergic reaction to the medication rather than meningitis. In either case, I would recommend that she gets seen today for a medical evaluation and they can determine if further testing is needed.

Does that make sense?

Do i need to send her to ER at the hospital, so worried it might be mincoccyl

An ER would be appropriate. They can diagnose both an allergic reaction to the antibiotics and (less likely) meningitis.

she has had the rash prior to receiving pinacilliam, she has never had any reactions to drugs

Does that answer your question?

Even if she as never had a reaction before, she can still develop an allergy.
If she has strept throat, that can also cause a rash.
Fortunately, meningitis is rare, but the ER is capable of diagnosing that as well.

not really but you do think going to the er at hospital is a safer way to handle this in case it is serious
they keep telling us how important it is to get this meningitis thing diagnosed early, so the hospital is the best option, dont you agree?

yes, the ER can quickly diagnose if her rash and symptoms are from the strept throat/tonsillitis, an allergic reaction or meningitis.

Fortunately, bacterial meningitis is rare and usually people are fairly sick when they have it.

please let me know what they determine.

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD