Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having some red circle which is actually rashes…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having some red circle which is actually rashes between my thigh and genital it is very dry sometimes

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

At first it is just 3 circles , (actually feels like some skin peeled off) , i had this for around 3 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am allergic to mangoes , however i could be sure that i have not eaten mangoes in the past 3 weeks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/19/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age and gender?

How long has this been going on for?

Is there a picture of the rash I can look at?

Let me know.

Hello Dr UzairMy age is 16, and My gender is Male
I have been having this for 3 weeks
It began in just little circles which i thought was pimples, and it does get dry sometimes

My apologies. I am going to opt out of your question so that other experts can help you with this.

Please do not reply back as that will lock your question to me again and wait for an expert to contact you.

Thank you.

Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello there,I shall be consulting you.

Have you used any medication for this?any cream?

does it itch?

i had, the cream that was suppose to cure rashes called Fucidin Cream (topical antibiotic) was assigned and did not work on me.Also tried out an Hong Kong Chinese Brand medicine that was suppose to cure rashes and allergies but that also did not work..
it does itch sometimes, and i have scratched it , and that may be the reasons of how it enlarged

Yes it does appear to be inflamed due to itching.

You should apply an over the counter topical emollient cream on this daily to treat the dryness.

You would also need to apply an OTC steroid cream on this daily which will relieve itching redness and inflammation.

When you have itching take oral antihistamine pill.

This rash would resolve with steroid cream and emollient in a few day.

please let me know if you have any questions

First apply emollient and then allow it to dry for at least 10 minutes .

After applying emollient then apply steroid cream on it.

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Kindly do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.You are not charged for giving a positive rating.

Thank you

Regards

Hi Also how is this caused by the way, and could you give the product link which i can buy them?
also in my dad's side of the family , a lot of them had Psoriasis , are you sure this is not Psoriasis ?
please look at the picture to determine what this is
hello ure still online?
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.No ,this is not Psoriasis,this appears to be a fungal infection which can be treated by keeping the area dry, and applying a local anitifungal cream like Clotrimazole/Lotrimin or Terbinafine/Lamisil.You may need to apply a local talc to keep the area dry,use cotton underwear.The cream needs to be applied for at least 2 weeks after healing has appeared to prevent recurrence.Application of an emmollient like Aloe grande will also help.

Hello doc, Um your explanation was quite different from the last doc , also you said keep the area dry, but that infected part is too dry that i feel like the skin is old ,so why do i have to keep that part dry? and i am in Canada Vancouver , could you give me links where i can buy the medicine and cream. Just glad it isn't Psoriasis.

In Canada,Clotrimazole will be available OTC as Canasten cream.If the part is very dry ,you can use a good emollient cream like aloe Grande available OTC.

A rare form of psoriais called Inverse Psoriasis may resemble your lesion,this occurs where the skin rubs into each other especially at the fold.Use of creams like hydrocortisone 1% in addition to the canasten will provide relief.

Is Inverse Psoriasis curable , today the effect gotten better
This is what it is like today , could u tell me what this is , and is this Psoriasis???? what is the cure?
please look at the conversations and pictures i sent with previous doctors so you can know what type of thing is happening, what caused it , and how to cure it
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

the dry skin there could be a type of skin dermatitis.

I see the cream on the skin.

I would try a 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area 1-2 times a day for 1-2 weeks and see if that helps

actually i didn't put any cream on the skin yet, it is just dry
is it Psoriasis?

most likely it is not psoriasis

it is more likely to be eczema or dermatitis of the skin.

okay so this is the picture of that part after a shower

it doesn't look like psoriasis

I would try a 1% hydrocortisone cream on the area.

please check again if this is psoriasis, because my family on my dad's side all had it, and how am i going to fix this in the best way that it is permanent, and please check previous conversations with other doctors, because when this started as*****at that part, i thought it was a pimple at beginning but then when i touched it seems kind of that part of skin peeled off
these are pictures after shower
this is a newer picture , that is taken 10 seconds agao

those are better photos

that looks like dermatitis from skin friction from the scrotum and thigh rubbing when you are walking.

you can try some 1% hydrocortisone cream

that doesn't look like psoriasis.

1% hydrocortisone cream is for anti-itch, but how would it heal?
like does it just naturally heal or do i need some medicine

it can heal once you decrease inflammation with the 1% hydrocortisone cream

the cream can also help decrease the dryness of the area.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

alright thanks, ***** ***** can i get the 1% hydrocortisone cream? what company(brand) are out there?

you can purchase the 1% hydrocortisone cream at your local drug store or grocery store.

you can by brand name like Coraid 10 or generic

Okay, hello this is what is happening today, the skin that peeled of kind of emerged with my normal skin , put now i see little dots of the redness and see dots of skin peeling off, its like the cycle happens again, and one big question again according to what you see today is this psoriasis?
PS:I din't buy the medicines yet
here are the pictures taken today

that is normal thickening of the skin and skin irritation from skin rubbing in the area when you walk.

you don't have psoriasis.

this is not what psoriasis looks like

you mean i should apply 1% hydrocortisone cream and lessen my weight so my skin don't rub together??

it is normal for the skin there to rub together

keep the area dry as you can

if you sweat there, use baby powder daily

use one application of 1% hydrocortisone cream on there at night time per day.

it is not psoriasis.

but i don't think it was sweating, like sometimes that part is really dry , as you can see in the pictures the white marks

you are only 16 years old

this is normal for the area

wash there with soap and water once a day

you don't have to worry

I need more Opinions..... could this be Inverse Psoriasis??
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 9 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
It is more likely to be intertrigo or jock itch. Its common in teens and is a yeast infection. It will clear up with over the counter lotrimin gold.
hi is there any brand of medicine you can recommend?
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 9 months ago
Its in my answer above and is over the counter. Lotrimin gold. Or lotrimin ultra.