How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8066
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm just wondering if I need to go see a doctor or not. I've

This answer was rated:

I'm just wondering if I need to go see a doctor or not. I've been sick for over a month, and it started with strep throat which was treated by an antibiotic, but after I was done taking an antibiotic I still had a cough and phlegm. The cough and phlegm are a little bit better now, but I'm having really bad pain on the left side of my throat, tongue, and left ear. Plus, I feel tired all the time.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I started to notice the pain in my throat, tongue and ear really bad on Saturday.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age and gender?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
24 year old female

This is something that needs to be seen by an ENT doctor. Chronic tonsillitis is something that needs to be ruled out here. Pharyngitis and tonsillitis can often progress to middle ear infections due to the close connection between the throat and the middle ear through the Eustachian tube.

The symptoms keep oscillating till the infection is adequately treated with drainage or culture specific antibiotics.

So, the best course of action here will be to schedule an appointment with an ENT doctor and have yourself evaluated and have this treated properly.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! I will set up an appointment as soon as I can.