Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I ate a few pretzels fast and didn't coke or feel like I…

I ate a few pretzels...
I ate a few pretzels fast and didn't coke or feel like I choked but after I finisehed it feels like I aspireated food into my nasal passage by eating so guikly because now my nose feels funny and I feel like it is blocked or clogged.what did I possibly do and what can I do to feel normal again in my nose
9/18/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The best thing to do is to wait for it to come out itself because the mucosa of the nasopharanx will eventually push out the food particle or debris. Most often, it is already gone and you can just feel it there because the mucosa is irritated. To speed the process, you can take steam inhalations or nebulization, these should help.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

shoul I use a saline spray

Yes, you can use saline spray as well. That should help.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

i reguested you for my fie discussion gusetion i posted on nhere today earlier about the constipation guestion.you were off line and no one answered my gusetion.could you please answer it

I can have a look at it after we are done here. Please rate this answer if you do not have any more queries related to the question on this thread.

I still feel like it is in my nose and my chest hurts like aburning sensation.i went and bought nasal spray but thought it might aspirate more into my nose and cause further harm

Well, like I suggested, you should wait it out, it can take a day. And you can use steam inhalations or nebulization.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

is it normal to have chest pain indigestion also.is it okay if I wait on the saline spray until tommporow or should I use it now.could it make things worse?

I doubt it can make things worse.

Yes, chest pain and indigestion can occur together.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
I don't have indigestion but the chest pain occurred when I aspirated the food into my nasal passage

Nasal passage aspiration and chest pain don't relate.

I first had the weird nasal feeling in my nasal area but then the chest tightness occurred.i am known to have chest tightnesstat times so this might be whats happening.i could be eshogesl spasms I am not sure,
I am now having pretty severe chest tightness that wasn't there before,ther nasal thing didn't get better.i will se edoctor tomorrow if this doesn't improve
should I be having chest discomfort intigigestio from the nasal inhalation?
I didn't ask for a refund but reuested a refund on a unopeneded guestion so I talked to customer representive and I payed the 16 for this gustion
sorry about the misunderstanding with the customer rep yesterday.she misunderstood me and refunded me both guestions accidently and I spoike with them this morning aftyer I got a email from your guestion at 830 showing I reguested a refund which I called and told them that was a mistake and paid th e16 dollars