How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Medicaldoctor Your Own Question
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 375
Experience:  MBBS/MS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Medicaldoctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I noticed today that my pubic mound area is swollen and

This answer was rated:

I noticed today that my pubic mound area is swollen and jiggly, as if filled with fluid. This is actually not the first time this has happened to me. I vaguely remember that it wasn't a big deal but was wondering if I should use a cold compress or a warm compress to help with the swelling.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: I'm not sure I haven't taken my temperature. I feel fine, though. I went to work and everything. No, on the existing medical conditions.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It didn't happen until this morning or perhaps over night. I did some running yesterday, but I don't think that's the cause. My husband and I had sex several times yesterday, and one of those times I was bent over the bathroom counter. I mention it because maybe the banging of that area against the counter has something to do with it, but we've had sex that way before without this happening.

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today

I'm reviewing your question and will post an answer or a question for you in a moment

Thank you for your patience

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. I'll just use the chat.

So you do not seem to have any signs or symptoms of an infection like feeling feverish,discharge,itching or any irritation of genitalia.

The only explanation for this swelling seems to be trauma which lead to a small swelling due to extravasation of blood.

You should apply cold compresses over the area and you should also take ibuprofen 200 mg 3 times a day to reduce the inflammation and discomfort.

Considering your history this is most likely to be due to trauma during sexual intercourse.

There is nothing to be worried as this swelling will subside in a couple of days.

I hope this helps

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Please ignore the call request as it is automated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll do that. Thanks, Doc. Hope you have a great rest of the day. I'll be sure to tell my husband to take it easy on me. ��

You are welcome

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.

Thank you


Medicaldoctor and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do

Thank you for the positive feedback.

It's a pleasure to consult you :)