Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I noticed today that my pubic mound area is swollen and

jiggly, as if filled with...
I noticed today that my pubic mound area is swollen and jiggly, as if filled with fluid. This is actually not the first time this has happened to me. I vaguely remember that it wasn't a big deal but was wondering if I should use a cold compress or a warm compress to help with the swelling.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: I'm not sure I haven't taken my temperature. I feel fine, though. I went to work and everything. No, on the existing medical conditions.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It didn't happen until this morning or perhaps over night. I did some running yesterday, but I don't think that's the cause. My husband and I had sex several times yesterday, and one of those times I was bent over the bathroom counter. I mention it because maybe the banging of that area against the counter has something to do with it, but we've had sex that way before without this happening.
9/18/2017
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today

I'm reviewing your question and will post an answer or a question for you in a moment

Thank you for your patience

Okay. Thanks.
No. I'll just use the chat.

So you do not seem to have any signs or symptoms of an infection like feeling feverish,discharge,itching or any irritation of genitalia.

The only explanation for this swelling seems to be trauma which lead to a small swelling due to extravasation of blood.

You should apply cold compresses over the area and you should also take ibuprofen 200 mg 3 times a day to reduce the inflammation and discomfort.

Considering your history this is most likely to be due to trauma during sexual intercourse.

There is nothing to be worried as this swelling will subside in a couple of days.

I hope this helps

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Please ignore the call request as it is automated.

Thank you

I'll do that. Thanks, Doc. Hope you have a great rest of the day. I'll be sure to tell my husband to take it easy on me. ��

You are welcome

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.

Thank you

Regards

Medicaldoctor
Will do

Thank you for the positive feedback.

It's a pleasure to consult you :)

Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor