Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Father got out of rehabilitation center last Wednesday. That…

Customer Question
Father got out of rehabilitation...
Father got out of rehabilitation center last Wednesday. That night he start his medicine they sent him home with. Sunday I notices his hand on the left was swollen. Ask if he was feeling ok. His respond he was okay. That night taking him to bed he was shaking. He said he was okay. Slept a lot that Sunday. Monday hard to wake up. He got up was shaking like leaf even when he was walking it was hard kept wanting to sit cause he was afraid he fall. Got him downstairs in the chair gave him his medicine. Still shaking can't keep is head up can communicate with me though I went back on all his medicine they prescribed when he got out and the dosage Has no strength to keep his head up Found out they prescribed 40 mg of oxycodone. My father on take 20mg every 12 hours. So he bend take for the last 5 days. 80 mg a day. I stop all his medicine. Have him drinking water waking him up every 2 hrs to talk to him to make sure he coherent He respond well. Does not want to go hospital. Is there something else I can be doingK
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

are you sure this was the only problem?

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 10 months ago

just click send to reply