Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'll try again. I'm 93 in good health and active. Is local…

Customer Question
I'll try again....

I'll try again. I'm 93 in good health and active. Is local anesthesia an option for lumbar laminectomy I;m concerned about memory loss under full anesthesia that could take 1.5 to 2 hours.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I met with a neuro sugeon. medications Lisinopril for blood pressure and Finasteride for prostrate

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No allergies

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Discussed some of the risks but not about possible memory loss

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/18/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

it is not likely an option at all.

You have to meet with the surgeon to see if this is an option.

Have you not met with the surgeon?