Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have many small red spots around my ankles and was

Customer Question
I have many small...

I have many small red spots around my ankles and was wondering what they may be. Is there a way to send a picture for you to review?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

They came up on Thursday or Friday. Did quite a bit of yard cleaning after Irma.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just finished radiation treatments for prostate cancer.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/18/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 9 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

You can use the paper clip icon on this page to upload your photo

Dr Chip,
Photos attached

Got those--thanks

These are mollucum contagiosa--they're caused by a virus much like the one that causes common finger warts

No particular trigger for them and nothing serious

Usually they go away on their own but you can treat them with over the counter Retinol or RetinA cream

Please let me know if you need any more informatopm