Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a cold or something....I was coughing real hard and…

Customer Question
I have a cold...

I have a cold or something....I was coughing real hard and it felt like during the cough a bubble formed in my lung or something..it felt really weird and now there is pressure pain there every time I cough

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

It started with a severe headache and dizziness, some nausea

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/18/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Where exactly is the pain located and any tenderness there?

Left side, right below the inner part of my chest/breast

And is it tender there?

No

OK

Then it's not a pulled chest muscle or a broken rib from the coughing

But you may be having what's called pleuritic symptoms from either a bronchitis or actually pneumonia

At this point you need to see a doctor for an exam and a chest x-ray and you'll probably need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor