Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I can't go to my local doctors as I don't have a license and…

Customer Question
Hello,I can't go to my...
Hello,I can't go to my local doctors as I don't have a license and my sister keeps telling me I need to seek help.My symptoms are.Fatigue
Sore stomach as well as cramps
Fever and headache
A little diarrhoea
Gagging not vomitingI have been having trouble eating and keeping down food. I have been sick and had these symptoms for 8 days
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

I see that you have requested a new expert. Now from what you are describing it sounds like that you may have developed a viral infection of the gastrointestinal tract which is known as gastroenteritis. This can cause diarrhea, gagging, fever, abdominal pain and cramps. Usually in case of a viral infection, the symptoms do start to settle down within two weeks however if they persist any longer thne it is likely to be due to a bacterial infection. In cases of bacterial infections you would have a fever which is greater than 102 F and would also cause mucus or blood in the stools. If those symptoms occur then unfortunately you will definitely need to see your doctor for a prescription of antibiotics however in the absence of those symptoms you can be treated with the help of simple medications which can be found OTC without a prescription. I would suggest using OTC imodium for 2 days, use OTC dramamine for the gagging and nausea and also OTC prilosec at a dose of 10 ,mg twice a day which would solve the problem in most cases. Another thing which you should do is to use as much plain water as you can along with electrolyte rich fluids like gatorade and pedialyte which will help in improving the dehydration that you would be having. Alsp stick to the BRATY diet which consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and yogurt.

Lastly also use OTC tylenol at a dose of 1 g thrice a day.

If these measures DONt help in resolving the symptoms within the next 3-4 days or the symptoms worsen then you will need to go to the doctors office.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor