Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering if the side effects form prozac are normal…

Customer Question
I was wondering if the...
I was wondering if the side effects form prozac are normal that I am experiencing. This will be my 12th day on prozac 10mg and I am experiencing intense fatigue, dizziness, head pressure (feeling like i am wearing a swim cap or there is a tight band around my head), and just more depressed and like I am in a brain fog, I feel worse thna before. Is this normal and should i continue this med? I am supposed to up my dose to 20 mg soon and I am scared.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Headache and asthenia/lethargy or loss of energy are seen secondary to Flouexitine,.It would be prudent to discuss this with your PCP,these side effects may gradually settle down and disappear in the next 1-2 weeks .If these symptoms persist,you may need to change to another SSRI drug from Prozac