Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Work on my feet 16-18 hours a day. Extremely painful from…

Customer Question
Work on my feet...

Work on my feet 16-18 hours a day. Extremely painful from the balls of my feet to my toes for the last 4 or 5 hours I am working till I get up the next morning. Extremely painful especially to walk on. Both feet basically the same. Personal reasons I have to get till November before I can get time off to go to be able to afford to go to the doctor. What if anything can I do to help with the pain until then. Pain at its worst is about a 9 out of 10. I am a landscaper. Thank you in advanced for any help I might get. Thanks *****: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About 6 weeks towards the end of day and night when I am not as active very painful then

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take lithium for bi polar disorder and I am allergic to penicillin

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Kevin,

What is your age?

Are you overweight?

47 years
weigh 220 in real good shape

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Following may help you;

1) Moist heat or ice compresses; whatever suits you

2) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen

3) Local analgesic ointment /spray

4) Physical therapy

5) Deep electrotherapy like iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation etc. Done at physical therapy center.

6) Custom-fabricated inserts in shoe-wear; an orthotist can help you.

7) Try to sit during your working hours as much possible intermittently, so feet muscles and ligaments are rested and do not get chronic strain.

Do the following exercises to strengthen you feet;

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/rehabilitation-exercises/lower-leg-ankle-exercises/strengthening-exercises-foot

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor