Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was put on zyprexa. Then Dr took me off it. I have a tic.

Customer Question
I was put on...

I was put on zyprexa. Then Dr took me off it. I have a tic. My nose wiggles. They put me on benztropine. It would not help. What can I do to stop. This nose wiggling. It is terrible

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

I have been on the zyprexa maybe a few weeks. I have no shortness of breath

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Do you mean medical problems

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Facial tics including nose wiggling are usually secondary to Neurological causes,anxiety and stress disorders,allergies such as seasonal rhinitis or allergic Rhinitis and as the part of a bigger neurological syndrome.Discussing this with your PCP and seeking suggestions and atrial of drugs like SSRIs or antidepressants will help.A consultation with a neurologist may help identify the cause,or further investigations like MRI scan may be needed.You may also need to rule out any role of stress and behavioural problems by seeking the help of a Psychiatrist if required.