Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

PATIENT IS 64 YR OLD WITH MULTIPLE DOCUMENTED illnesses.

Customer Question
PATIENT IS 64 YR...

PATIENT IS 64 YR OLD WITH MULTIPLE DOCUMENTED illnesses. Parkinsons, degenerative disk disease, and high blood clotting factor 8. NOW all has been well controlled until an insect bite or some kind of bite on R ankle. Now in last 12 hours patient is generallly swollen, joints hurt, right ankle swollen, and is now bleeding from old wounds. What the heck is going on...???

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Recovering from recent back surgery has progressed to the point of almowt recovered, then this.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes since starting steroids in 2011 during recovery of initial neck and back surgeries.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/18/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 9 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

He should be seen at a medical facility immediately.

An insect bite can change the clotting and bleeding cascade.

Also bite can cause infection which may start bleeding or conditions like DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation). These may be serious and need urgent attention.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl