Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a urine culture done on thursday it came back negative…

Customer Question
I had a urine culture...
I had a urine culture done on thursday it came back negative
I had another one done on saturday at a different office it came nack positive. Could there be a change like that in only 2 days. My nig concern is i have a history of recurring c diff so i am leery about taking antibiotics they are giving me cipro. They do not know which strain of bacteria it is yet will have those results tuesday
Id there a antibiotic i can take that is less likely to give me cdiff the urgent care center didnt seem to care. Or anuthing i can do to prevent c diff. My symptoms are not bad it wasnt even the re ason i went to urvent care just a little pressure and occasionally a little burning on urinaruon
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Did you have a urinalysis?