Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm just looking at info on nerve symptoms, Strong tingling…

Customer Question
I'm just looking at...

I'm just looking at info on facial nerve symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Strong tingling sensation and twitching in my upper lip and nose

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

2 days and no

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a bad neck and think maybe it is related

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/17/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

I'm reviewing your question and will post an answer or a question for you in a moment

Thank you for your patience

Ok thanks. It's very worrying.

Okay so this tingling and twitching sensation is not specific for facial nerve pathology.

It is often seen due to idiopathic reasons or could be simply due to stress.

These symptoms often resolve on their own within a few days without any treatment.

Facial nerve problems may result in facial muscle paralysis,weakness, or twitching of the face. Dryness of the eye or the mouth, alteration of taste on the affected side, or even excessive tearing or salivation can be seen as well.

I would suggest you to wait for a couple of days as most likely these symptoms would resolve but if they do not improve or get worse then you can consult your doctor and he/she would perform certain tests to examine the functioning of facial nerve.

Please feel free to ask questions.

I hope this helps

Thank you

If you have any questions please do let me know.

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Regards

Hi there,just checking in to see how things are going.Do you need any further assistance?