Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Pain and rash & bumps and red on the areola part of breast,

Customer Question
Pain and rash &...

Pain and rash & bumps and red on the areola part of breast

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?

14 year old girl, pain started last night at my touch

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, healthy

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/17/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

I'm the grandmother, the 15 year old has never had this pain or bumps and rash until last night. Achey pain when still, more pain when touching. She's healthy and playes tennis at school, I thought muscle strain but she can reproduce the movements of tennis and nothing changes. Just achey with redness, bumps in areola area.

Any fever with this?

don't need a call, just need to know if we need to see her pediatrician soon. Any ideas?

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't need to accept it

Yes, she needs this evaluated as soon as possible

It sounds like a case of mastitis--an infection from a blocked duct in the breast

She needs an exam and a course of antibiotics to treat it

Please let me know if you need any more information